Sep 1, 2013

The Battle of the Gods in Greek Mythology: My Impression of “Man of Steel” 02

In the previous entry ‘Superman, the Loneliest Superhero: My Impression of the Movie “Man of Steel,”’ I didn’t deal with the action of “Man of Steel.” Of course, action is one of the most important elements of this movie, so I’d like to write about it.

The action is majestic like the battle of the gods in Greek Mythology. Superman and General Zod fight each other with full force in Manhattan. They are just concentrated in their fight. They destroy buildings by accident. They don’t even care about them. Their fight is like a natural disaster, which doesn’t have any intention.

On the other hand, the fight between Batman and Joker is earthly. Batman and Joker are ordinary human beings, so their fight can’t be heavenly; it has to be vicious.

Although I love “The Dark Knight”, I don’t like “The Dark Knight Rises,” because the fight between Batman and Bane is so physical.

I’d like to quote from my entry ‘The Dialectic of "Hero's Movies": The Failure of "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "The Dark Knight Rises."’

Joker, the enemy of Batman in "The Dark Knight," made a psychological attack. If he appeared on "The Dark Knight Rises", he would make best use of this lie. But Bane, the enemy in "the Dark Knight Rises" was too physically violent to be interested in this lie. He literally knocked Batman out.

Zak Snyder, who directed “300”, is a suitable director of “Man of Steel.” The action of this movie is almost divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment