Oct 19, 2012

The Yankees in This Season ISN'T the Yankees at All


The Yankees was swept by the Tigers in the American league championship series and this season ended for me as a Yankees fan.

As I wrote the entry "Goodbye My Good Old Yankees", I loved the Yankees in the 1990s, including Derek Jeter, Paul O'Neill, Bernie Williams, Mariano Rivera, and Andy Petite.

They were really tough stuff. Paul O'Neil had never got any batting title, but he really was a clutch hitter. He was the symbol of the golden age of Yankees in the 1990s.

This season I expected that the Yankees would get the world champion. I was anxious about their starters, but I was satisfied with their lineup. And I thought that they were really in good shape at the end of this season, so they would do best in the post season games.

But they disappointed me deeply in the American league championship series.

Starters were far better than thought. They did really good job.

I wasn't disappointed with Alex Rodriguez, because I've already known that he couldn't hit at the tough situation, but why couldn't Robinson Cano hit at all? Only Ichiro Suzuki and Raul Ibanez, who were the former Mariners, could hit.

In the top of the twelfth in the first game Jeter's ankle was broken, and the series substantially ended. And then the Yankees did NOTHING.

In the third game, Raul Ibanez, who caused miracles in this post season games, became the last batter. In the fourth game, C. C. Sabathia, who was an ace pitcher of the Yankees, got hammered.

The Tigers was a good team, but there was no tough player in the Yankees. What will the Yankees without Derek and Mariano be?

No comments:

Post a Comment