Dec 11, 2011

A Bar Just After Opening and A Hair Salon Just Before Closing

I love a bar just after opening and a hair salon just before closing.

I went to my favorite bar at 5:00 p.m. I was the first customer at the bar that day. The air in the bar was clean and the bartender was fresh and a little nervous.

I said, "Hello" to him, and sat in my favorite chair at the bar. There were many glittering glasses and bottles on the shelf behind him. The top of the bar was brightly polished.

He put a dish of nuts and said, "Welcome. What would you like today?" I replied, "Well, I'll start with beer."

He poured cool beer into the tall glass. I drank the first shot of beer that night. It was like heaven.

The other day I went to my favorite hair salon after work. I was the last customer that day.

My hairdresser said, "Hello, how are you?" He was happy and relaxed, because the salon would close soon. We cracked jokes with each other.

He had my hair shampooed, cut and blow dried quickly. Other hairdressers were cleaning.

After he finished cutting my hair, all of the hairdressers and clerks saw me off and said, "Thank you very much."

I walked down a street with short hair, and felt fresh wind. It was like heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting. Actually, it reminded me of the times I cut my hair in Sendai. I could not speak Japanese, and the barber could not speak english. Nonetheless, he always managed to understand the type of haircut that I wanted and always offered me an apple. After that I always wondered if offering apples after an haircut was something traditional in Japan...probably not.

    ReplyDelete