Feb 6, 2011

A Duty of a Volunteer Activity

I had a dream.

In it I'm an American student.

The Congress is discussing the insertion a new provision into the Constitution of the United States of America, which requires U.S. citizen to do volunteer activities. I tell my friends that it isn't a volunteer activity, if it is a duty.

My friends and I go to a square to hear a speech given by a Democrat Congressman, who supports this amendment. I hear gunshot and he is shot. I'm quite surprised and turn around. I find a middle-aged man armed with a gun standing still with a smirk on his face. We run away from the square in fear.

In the next day we go to hear a speech given by a Republican Congressman, who opposes this amendment. He is famous for his extreme remarks.

When we arrive at the site where he will give a speech, we lean that his speech is canceled for his safety. I'm disappointed that he ran away in a pinch, although he usually makes extreme remarks.

Postscript:

In the Constitution of Japan there is a provision, which prescribes that Japanese national have a right and duty of working. There might not be such a provision in the Constitution of the United States of America. I think that a constitution basically prescribes authority and duties of a government. I wonder why the Constitution of Japan has such a meddling provision, which prescribes a duty of working.

No comments:

Post a Comment